1. Alloy selection
2. Tritium => robust oxide permeation barrier – diffusion bonding of anodized alloys with structural metals
3. Detailed design & development of validated models for DRACS
4. Normal shut-down cooling system.
5. Material inputs
6. Power conversation system maintenance (including impact of air ducts).
7. Concept of maintenance and removal of equipment (using separate hot machine shop)
8. Thermal stresses management in upper reactor internals (100 deg C DT)
9. NACC mods-ducts from single side.
10. Can we eliminate requirement for off-sire power for safety? Station black-out.
11. Construction cost/schedule model
12. Need for pilot-scale plant first?
13. DRACS gaps – # modules?
14. Where to put thermocouples in the primary system
15. Approach to trace heating (circulate gas?) – in TCHX
16. Complete and document DRACS design calculations.
17. Study reactor coping times, and instrumentation needed.
e.g.: how much does the DRACS system salt heat up if it takes the energy during the first 24 hours after SCRAM – i.e. no heat sink). Coping times (a) time to metallic components overheating; (b) time to freezing and plugging up
18. Instrumentation summary. e.g. how to we measure the power extracted through TCHX? We have a gap on the mass flowmeter, and we have a gap on the bulk temperature sensor.
19. RELAP validation data: CIET, also ORNL salt loop.
20. Assess the thermal hydraulics behavior of the pebble bed. Pebble bed heat transfer (separate effects tests). Build oil loop to scale the salt pebble bed at ORNL?
21. Add an ISFSI inside PA
22. Volume of salt in pebble handling system
23. How to insulate the pebble handling system
24. Canister cooling system
25. Argon activation – what is the solubility in flibe?
Other discussion notes
Question: to what temperature do you need to raise the pebbles to get the tritium out of them?
Does Ar cover gas activate under neutron irradiation? If not, the alternative is Helium.
- Raluca TO DO: Find Argon solubility in flibe
core pressure drop: must keep head below 2 meters
can we do an inductively heated oil-cooled packed bed?
can we get a fairly uniform power deposition in the bed? – talk to Grady about how to do uniform power density in an inductively-heated bed.
IR absorption for flibe hasn’t been measured in the 600 deg C range
we need a PIRT for the pebble bed core
sensitivity study for the friction factor coefficients in the core; is it more important than getting heat transfer coefficients? is anisotropy important?